This is a guest post written by Chris, professional cooker, author & blogger at Grill FAQ.
Sausages, kebabs and chicken legs on the grill have a serious competitor – fish and seafood delicacies, which are perfectly fried on the grill.
Grilled fish under marinade Ingredients:
- 4 carcasses of fish,
- 2 tbsp of olive oil,
- zest and juice of 1 lemon,
- salt – spices,
- herbs (marjoram),
- vegetables for side dishes.
Cooking: Under running water, clean fish from scales (with a blunt knife side). Make a horizontal cut on the fish stomach with a knife blade. Gut the carcasses and rinse under water (heads can be cut, but this is not necessary).
Make 4-5 diagonal cuts on each side of the fish with a sharp knife. Put the carcasses in flat non-metallic dishes.
- Grilled fish marinade To make the marinade, mix the marjoram, olive oil, juice and lemon pepper, garlic, salt.
- Fill the fish cooked with the marinade and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cook the fish on the grill (you can read more on GrillFAQ) for about 15-20 minutes, periodically watering the marinade.
Serve with vegetables, sprinkled with chopped herbs.
Grilled Tuna Steak
- 4 tuna steaks, each weighing 175-200 g,
- 1 tsp. cumin kernels (fry and grind),
- a pinch of dry red chilli pepper,
- 2-4 tsp. Spoons of first-pressed olive oil,
- ground black pepper,
- slices of lime and fresh coriander twigs for salsa decoration:
- 1 small red bulb (grind), 200 g of red or yellow cherry tomatoes (cut large),
- 1 avocado (remove the skin, remove the bone, cut),
- 2 kiwi (peel, cut), 1 fresh red chilli pepper (remove seeds, grind) 15 g of fresh cilantro (cut),
- 6 branches of fresh mint (cut off the leaves, cut), 1-2 hours.
- Spoons of Thai fish sauce, approx. 1 tsp. brown sugar
- Wash the tuna steaks and soak. Sprinkle half a serving of cumin, dry chili, salt, pepper and half a serving of lime zest.
- Rub 2 tbsp. of oil and leave in a glass or porcelain bowl for 30 minutes.
- While the fish is marinated, prepare the salsa. Mix onions, tomatoes, avocado, kiwi, fresh chili, sliced cilantro, and mint.
- Add the remaining cumin, lime zest residues, half lime juice.
- Season with Thai fish sauce and sugar. Leave for 15-20 minutes, then add more fish sauce, lime juice, and olive oil if necessary. Grill tuna on both sides.
Decorate with lime slices and coriander twigs. Serve salsa separately or put it on tuna plates.